- How many International airports are in Prague?
- Basically there is only one international airport in Prague. The Vaclav Havel Airport formerly named Letiste/Prague airport Ruzyne. The other airports are not typically used for regular public international flights.
- How long is the drive from the Prague airport to the city center?
- The journey takes about 30 minutes by car. During heavy traffic and rush hours the journey can take up to 45 minutes.
- How far is the Prague airport from the Prague city center?
- The Prague airport is about 18 kilometers away from the town center. The distance is equal to approximately 12 miles.
- What is the name of the Prague airport?
- The airport is called the Prague Vaclav Have Airport in Czech Letiste Vaclava Havla.
- What is the code of the Prague airport?
- The Prague airport code is PRG.
- What time should I be at the Prague airport not to miss a flight?
- Common requirements is 2 hours prior the flight, but frequent fliers come to the airport 50 minutes before the flight. Hardcore fliers make it 35 minutes before the gate closes.
They often miss the flight and need intercity transfer.
- How many terminals are at the Prague airport?
- There are three terminals at the Prague airport. The Terminal NORTH 1 is operating flights from / to non European zone countries (non-Schengen-zone). Terminal NORTH 2 is for the flights within Schengen zone. The Terminal SOUTH 3 is for private, military and VIP flights.
- Is there a wifi at the Prague airport?
- The terminal 1 as well as the Terminal 2 are covered by WiFi. The available network is “prg.auero-free”
- How do I get from the Prague airport to the city center?
- There are several ways how to easily get from the Vaclav Havel airport to the Prague center: Public bus, Airport express, Airport shared shuttle bus, official airport taxi, private airport transfer companies, stretch limousine rentals, UBER and its alternatives.
- Which bus to take from the Prague airport to the city center?
- First of all you need to know that there is not really a direct public bus from the Prague airport to the city center. The only bus to shuttle between city center and the airport is the Prague airport express. It runs between the airport and main train station. From there on you have to choose different ways of transportation e.g. tram, metro or your own foot.
Bus 119 goes between the Prague airport and the Nadrazi Veleslavin metro / tram hub. The ride takes about 20 minutes. The interval is about 10 minutes during the day.
Bus 100 runs between the Prague airport and Zlicin Metro. Zlicin is yellow line of the Prague public transportation integrated system. The journey takes roughly 20 minutes.
Bus 179 connects the Prague airport and Nove Butovice yellow metro line B. The journey is about 45 minutes.
The bus ticket costs 32 CZK (as in 2017), the Prague airport express costs 60 CZK.
- What is the Prague airport shuttle and what are the advantages?
- The Prague airport shared shuttle service used to be operated by the CEDAZ minibus services. After the triple AAA taxis bought the company and then left the position as the official Prague airport taxi, the shared shuttle services are only provided by the Prague Airport Transfers s.r.o. – www.Prague-airport-transfers.co.uk. The shared shuttle is a great bargain for 1 or 2 passengers. Larger groups do not benefit from the price difference. In fact the efficiency of the Prague airport shuttle is questionable, since one can wait some time at the airport before the departure and then be taken on a unwelcome sightseeing tour around Prague. If you are staying further out of the city center e.g. Prague 9 and you are a solo passenger, the Prague airport shuttle is a great deal. In other cases it is recommended to go by public transport or private transfer
- Are the official airport taxi safe and fair?
- They should be, but they are known for not being always honest. You can get an estimate cost of the taxi in advance. There are taxi booths on both terminals, the sales assistant can let you know the approximate price. However it is fairly common that the final taxi price will be different. Not necessarily cheated. The average price of the Prague airport metered taxi is 550 CZK – 900 CZK depending on the destination.
- How to select the best Prague airport private transfer company?
- The Prague airport transfer business is extremely competitive field. There are plenty of companies providing fixed rate private transfers. A lot of the companies get reviews on independent travel forums such as the Tripadvisor, travel service catalogs e.g. Yelp or other review platforms namely Google or Facebook. To choose the best one needs to compare several factors: price, fleet, flexibility, driver’s codex, language spoken (English at least), additional services available (on board: champagne, beer, sweets, flowers etc; other: free maps, free city tours, discounts on return trips). Since the internet provides enough feedback, selecting a reputable and reliable Prague airport transfer service should not be a difficult task. Typically the airport transfer costs 600 CZK / 4 people vehicle and 800 CZK / 8 persons minivan
- How to book a stretch limo for the Prague airport transfer?
- Booking a stretched limo from the airport to the city center only makes sense, if you travel light with only a hand luggage. There is literally no luggage compartment in the limousine. Limousines are most popular among hen and stag parties from England, Scotland and Ireland. A lot of companies provide chauffeured limo rentals. To name a few www.Cila.cz, Limousine car Spiritka http://www.aclimuziny.cz/ and Cadillac Limo – http://www.cadillaclimo.cz/en.
- Is UBER or Lyft available in Prague and at the Prague airport?
- The Lyft is not in Prague yet. The UBER is present in Prague. The disadvantage of the UBER is that you can not book it in advance. During the peek times it can be difficult to get an available car. In terms of money effectiveness it is more efficient to book a private transfer. You can book private airport transfers in advance and you know the exact cost.
- What are similar companies to UBER in Prague and at the Prague airport?
- In terms of smart phone apps there is the Liftago (an app that gathers licensed taxi drivers and provides both passengers and drivers reviews plus the bidding auction for each ride available). Similar to the Liftago is Taxify. More fancy services are provided by MyDriver by the SIXT and the Blacklane. Both Germany based companies providing transportation services through contracted transfers partners worldwide.
- How much is a Prague airport transfer?
- Regular car for up to 4 passengers: 600 CZK per transfer
Regular minivan for up to 8 passengers: 800 CZK per transfer
Metered taxi: 450 – 900 CZK per taxi
Limousine: 2500 – 4500 CZK per transfer
S class Mercedes: 990 – 2500 CZK per transfer
E class Mercedes: 750 – 900 CZK per transfer
V class Mercedes: 900 – 1050 CZK per transfer
Shared shuttle minivan: 290 CZK per person
Shared shuttle bus between the Prague airport and Narodni street: 150 CZK per person
- What are to stay in Prague to be in the city center?
- Prague 1: Stare Mesto, Nove Mesto, Josefov, Mala Strana, Hradcany,
Prague 2: Vinohrady, Nove Mesto,
Prague 6: near Hradcany
- What is the meaning of word Prague?
- Prague is English translation of the city name: Praha. Praha / Prague is the capital city of the Czech Republic.