Airport taxi transfers
Airport taxi transfers are provided door to door. Airport transfers are private, non shared, fix price and available daily.
Airport transfers are available in Amsterdam, Bratislava, Brno, Budapest, Eindhoven, Krakow, Prague, Salzburg and Vienna. The airports we serve are: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, M. R. Štefánik Airport in Bratislava (Also call Ivanka Airport), Brno Turany airport, Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport, formerly known as Budapest Ferihegy International Airport and still commonly called just Ferihegy, Eindhoven Airport, John Paul II Kraków-Balice International Airport, Prague Vaclav Havel international airport, Salzburg W. A. Mozart Airport, Vienna International Airport in Schwechat.
All airport transfers are offered for a fixed final price. Price depends on the selected vehicle. Fixed prices are available between the airport and the city center. City outskirts and areas on the edge of the cities can affect the final price. Customers are confirmed the final price at the time of the airport transfer booking. Tipping is voluntary. Payment is done in advance by PayPal, credit card or wire bank transfer, eventually it is possible to pay on the spot cash or card to the driver.
MEET & GREET AT THE AIRPORT
At the airport
Driver will wait INSIDE the arrivals hall of arrival terminal. He will hold a sign with your name and bear a pleasant smile to welcome you upon the arrival.
Delayed or early flights
We track all arrivals online, early / delayed arrival is not a problem. Naturally at no extra charge.
Should you not be able to see the driver, do not hesitate, call immediately 00420 775 744 447, our ground support will help you to meet the driver.
What are the private airport transfers?
The private airport transfers are direct door to door transfers between the city center accommodation (hotels as well as private addresses) and the International airports. Airport transfers are provided both ways; from the airport to the city center as well as from the city center to the airport.
What is the difference between airport taxi and airport transfer?
Typically taxi is available in the front of the airport building or at the hotel. Vehicles have to be marked with taxi roof light and the black and white chessboard like signs or other signs that are required by the local city law. In the city you are supposed to hail a taxi off the street or call a dispatch to send you one as soon as possible. Usually taxi service can not be booked in advance. Taxis have a meter and charge per each kilometer and minute driven. One never knows, what the final price will be. Taxi drivers are various men and women without any dress code. Taxi vehicle does not have to be a specific model or vehicle class.
The private transfers are provided by unmarked vehicles. In some states like the Czech Republic such a vehicle is supposed to be registered at the local city office as a “private hire vehicle without a taxi meter.” Private transfers are provided at fixed prices that are confirmed in advance. Private transfers are seldom available without prior notice. The drivers follow a common company dress-code – black trousers, white shirt with or without a tie, full black shoes and dark jacket. Along with the dress code the private chauffeurs are trained in customer service. Private transfers companies often have a driver’s codex to follow.
Vehicles are modern air conditioned, non smoking and fully insured cars and minivans. Vehicles are divided into several classes: Economy, Standard, Business class, Luxury.
- Economy class: Ford Mondeo, Skoda Octavia, Toyota Prius, Renault Laguna or comparable
- Standard class: Skoda Superb II and III, VW Passat, Mercedes Benz C class, Mercedes Benz Vito, VW Caravelle
- Business class: Mercedes Benz E class, Audi A6, Skoda Superb III Laurin and Klement, Mercedes Benz V class
- Luxury class: Mercedes Benz S class, Audi A8, BMW 7 series, Mercedes Benz GLS, Volvo XC90
- meet and greet service upon the arrival – the driver awaits the guests inside the arrivals hall. The driver will hold a sign with customer name or company name for easy recognition. In case the pick up is from the city center, the driver meets the guests inside at the front desk or at the lobby. If pick up is provided from the private address, the drive is waiting as close to the entrance as possible / allowed. He can have a board with the name of the guest or company inside the vehicle.
- the driver is supposed to greet and welcome the guests, he will present himself and accompany the guests to the vehicle
- the driver will help with the luggage from the arrivals hall / accommodation to the car, he will take car of the loading and unloading of the luggage
- the driver opens doors for customers and makes sure passengers are comfortable
- the driver enters the vehicle as the last one
- the driver is supposed to ask about radio on/off and desired volume
- the driver is supposed to check whether the air condition is set to the passengers’ liking
- the driver is not supposed to force conversation with the passengers
- the driver is supposed to check and enforce that the safety seatbelts are on
- the driver drives according to the local traffic laws, uses indicators, handles the speedlimits and does not use a cell phone during the ride
Additional recommendations for drivers
- bottled water available for the passengers free of charge
- WiFi available on board of the vehicle free or on request (data limit can be set)
- vehicle is supposed to be clean outside as well as inside, each passenger should feel like the first client of the day
- 5 minutes late is late, be on time or early, if you are late always inform the customer and the dispatch
- do not eat or chew
- use deodorant and perfume, during summer and hot days, have a spare shirt to change